Moving a piano is a complicated situation even for the most skilled professionals. You might plan to move this instrument from one home or another, or move it to another country. Whatever the reason for the move is, professional piano movers in Sudbury can help you out.
Before you start looking for a decent moving company, there are many factors to consider. First of all, you should feel like the company is trustworthy. On the other hand, you should try to get the best price for this type of moving service. Before you decide on the moving company, take a look at the following guide for hiring the best piano movers in Sudbury.
Why should you hire piano movers in Sudbury?
Many people feel like they can move the piano by themselves. Whether it’s an upright or a grand piano, it’s a difficult task to relocate it. Not only will you need professional skills to pull, push and lift this instrument, but you will also need professional packing materials to keep it safe. During the transportation, you wouldn’t want your piano to get scrapes and knocks. It would affect the quality of the sound.
If you plan to move a piano by yourself, good luck! But keep in mind that back and shoulder injuries are very common during this task. Hiring professional moving service in Sudbury will help you deal with the relocation of your instrument with ease. Professional movers will help protect your piano from temperature changes, especially if you’re moving long distance from Sudbury. Piano movers in Sudbury will pack and secure the instrument with professional packing materials.
Keep in mind that they’re professionally trained for the special moving assistance. Before they move your piano, they will make sure to measure every corner of the room so hey can plan their movements. If they can, they will probably do that in the final destination room. This way piano movers in Sudbury can plan the perfect way to place your piano in its new home. In case you are moving a grand piano from a studio or a concert hall, professional help is necessary. Moving an instrument this size is impossible to do if you don’t have previous experience and knowledge. It doesn’t matter how strong or skilled you are. Moving a piano is all about good tactical planning.
What is the cost of moving a piano
Moving a piano is not cheap, but the money you’ll give to professionals will pay off in the end. The overall cost varies, and it depends on many factors. If you own a piano at home you will probably have a smaller instrument to move. But if you own a music studio, the cost could be higher since the quality and the size of the instrument is different.
Take a look at the most common factors that will decide the final price of your piano move:
- Size and type of your instrument (smaller upright piano or a studio grand piano)
- The distance of your move (local or long distance relocation)
- Number of workers it will take to move the piano
- Possible disassembling and reassembling of the piano. It’s necessary with the big grand piano.
- Overall working conditions for the relocation (like the absence of elevator in the building)
- Tuning of the instrument after the move (if the moving company offers this kind of service)
How to know if piano movers are decent and reliable?
Before hiring professional movers for your piano’s relocation, you should check if they’re reliable. Moving a piano is a risky task and possible damage can cost you a lot of money. For this reason, you should make sure that you found good piano movers in Sudbury. There are many moving companies to choose from. Some of them specialize in local or international moving in Sudbury. Others offer various services including special moving assistance.
If you need to transport your piano from point A to point B, make sure to talk to the movers and see if they have experience with this type of a job. If the movers are skilled, you should consider hiring them. You should also try to negotiate and ask for an additional moving insurance for your piano.
How to find decent piano movers in Sudbury?
Finding a decent moving company can be tricky. You might see many advertisements all over the town but it’s not always a guarantee. There are several ways to make sure you find the best piano moving company in Sudbury, and here are some of them:
- Check the company online. A website presentation can tell you a lot about the moving company. If their business runs well, their website presentation should show it.
- Ask your movers for special moving services. If you already have experience with a moving company, you can ask them for additional moving services like relocating a piano.
- Get recommendations from friends and family members. It is always good to get an opinion from someone you know.
- Ask a music studio owner for advice. If anyone should know where to find movers for music instruments and equipment, that’s a studio owner. If you know one, he could help you decide.
- Check piano stores owners and music teachers. These are the people who most likely had experience with piano relocation before. They should know where to look for reliable piano movers and how much money this service should cost.