Moving from one home to another is stressful enough even for people without pets. However, thousands of dogs, cats, parrots and other pets travel from and to Canada every year. Before hiring movers Sudbury, make sure your little friend is ready for the trip. Changing locations usually affects its mood and temper. If you are moving to Sudbury with your pet, it’s highly recommendable you hire professional pet movers to help you out.
If you keep reading you’ll find out more about pet relocation services and how to hire them. Also, you’ll find out how to prepare your pet for the move and gather the necessary documentation for transporting your pet to its new home.
Find reliable pet movers in Sudbury
Finding a reliable moving company to relocate your pet is not an easy job. Your pet is a part of your family, so changing flights and weather conditions might be stressful for it. Especially if your movers don’t take good care of it so your pet feels like it’s left alone in an unknown environment. Fortunately for you, reliable pet movers know how to do their job. They are trained o make sure your pet’s relocation goes as smoothly as possible. If your little friend can avoid the moving stress, he will adapt easily to your new home. Take a look at some facts about reliable pet movers.
- Your pet’s relocation should go smoothly. If you think your dog or a cat will stay calm during the trip, that’s unlikely. Even if you transport your pet by yourself, moving comes as a shock to your pet. If you hire reliable pet movers you will not have to worry so much. They will help you get all the necessary documents and guide you through the transportation policies. In case you own a small dog or a cat, there’s a chance some airplane companies will allow him to travel in a transporter. However, bigger breeds usually travel in the cargo section of the airplane. Professional pet movers will know all of these facts and will help you out.
- Weather conditions should not affect your pet during the relocation. If you are moving overseas, your long distance movers in Sudbury will know all about the weather conditions during your pet’s trip. Not only will the climate be different once the pet arrives in its new home, but the airplane cargo temperature is pretty low. This can affect your pet, it can get scared or depressed during the trip. Luckily, moving companies who specialize in pet moving know how to keep your friend warm. They will supply your pet with special blankets and cages so he can be safe during the trip.
Prepare your pet for the moving day
There are many things you can do to prepare your pet before pet movers come. No matter how good care you take of your dog or a cat, you’ll still need to do some additional health checkups. Pet movers will advise you to check your pet for any potential transmission of diseases. Many pets travel with other ones who can transfer rabies to each other. Even worse, rabies can spread from animals to humans, too.
If you want to make sure you prevent health complications, you should get the necessary documents for your pet’s relocation. Especially if you want to relocate your pet interstate. Take a look at some of the most common procedures that reliable pet movers will suggest:
- Pet vaccination against rabies
- Paperwork concerning your pet’s health and regulations of the country the pet is traveling to.
- Quarantine your pet’s going to stay in. Policies for quarantine vary from one state to another. Also, make sure to check the conditions for it if you’re moving long distance.
It is very important that you have all the importing and exporting paperwork for your pet. Make sure to visit a local vet and get a health certificate for it. If you don’t have a vet you trust, it would be the best if you go the certified USDA veterinarian. If you still didn’t vaccinate your pet, you’ll have to do it before hiring pet movers. It will help you avoid unnecessary legal issues during the relocation.
The moving cost of pet moving can vary
If you need to move your pet to your new home, prepare for all the moving costs. Honestly, pet relocation does not come cheap, but the overall cost will vary on many factors. Make sure you have a special budget specifically for your little friends move. Hiring professional pet movers will pay off in the end. Take a look at some of the factors that will affect the final price of your pet’s move:
- The pet moving service. If you have the luck to find a reliable company, it will probably cost more than the fraudulent one. If the company has years of experience in this field it’s their right to offer higher prices. Don’t be tempted to pay less, in the end, your pet’s security comes first.
- Type of transportation your pet will need. Moving long distance or local moving in Sudbury will not cost the same. If you plan to relocate it via airplane, the cost will depend on the airplane ticket price. You could buy a one-way or return ticket.
- Your pet’s size and breed. Larger dogs, for example, cost more to relocate. Not only will the plane ticket cost more, but the moving services will be, too.
- Gathering necessary paperwork, health checkups, and import/export documents
- Additional moving services like sedation, isolation from other pets during the travel etc.