It is the job of any reputable moving company to go above and beyond to provide their customers with full-service and overall perfect relocation. Neeley’s Van and Storage is a company that is aware of this. Thus, we provide the option of indoor and outdoor storage services to our valued customers. Whatever the reasons are, we are able to offer storage solutions for any extra belongings you might not have room for. All our facilities carry a government approval seal and are up to the latest standards of the moving industry. We offer short-term storage options, but if needed, we can also arrange for long-term storage. All you need to do is call us and let us as soon as possible.
What type of storage services do we provide?
It is our aim to provide our clients with optimal depository services that will meet their particular needs. We aim to accommodate the needs of our customers by providing them with premium solutions for their relocation issues. And storage is one such solution. The warehousing options we provide stand out due to the commitment we invest in them. What makes them excel are:
- High-security measures. We understand the value some possessions might present, be it on an emotional or financial level. This is why we look to ensure that the security is on a high note. That way you are certain that your valuables are well looked-after.
- Affordable renting rates. The rates we provide to our customers are perfectly balanced with the rest of our moving services. Relocation is a costly mistress, and you will find us more understanding of that than most movers.
- Climate-controlled space. Some of the belongings you look to store away might be sensitive to certain temperatures. So in hopes of avoiding any unwanted damage, we provide the option of climate controlled storage facilities.
- Good accessibility. What good is storage if you are unable to access it whenever you need to. This is why Neeley’s provides you with a wide level of accessibility that will ensure that you can get to your things whenever you might have need of them.
When does the need for storage services arise?
Moving is such a challenging endeavor and many things can go wrong during the same. This is why you should always be prepared for any scenario. How do you accomplish this? By making sure that the expert relocation company you hire is equipped to handle and cover any loopholes. For example, if it were to happen that you had no room for a certain part of your belongings during the relocation, you might find yourself in trouble. This is unless you have the option of reliable storage services at your disposal.
Sudbury storage packing preparations
Given how frantic life can be, good planning and organization is essential. Our storage services follow the basic and necessary steps to ensure preparation for storage. Here are some sound steps to follow when preparing items for storage:
- Organize and pack in a systematic and practical manner, so that you can easily locate whichever of them you may need at a given moment. This should also ensure easy access to any items or boxes if done properly.
- Proofing and protection against dust, dirt, moisture and any other eventual harm. Given that we are talking about valuables here, it never hurts to take that extra mile to ensure safety. This especially goes for long-term storage (more on that later).
Achieving this might look bothersome and hard, but it can be quite easy. After all, our movers and packers do it all the time with storage Sudbury. Just follow some simple yet highly effective storage units Ontario packing tips:
- Items that are packed for storage should be thoroughly cleaned.
- Larger items should be disassembled and packed in single boxes to better protect each individual part and keep everything organized. This way, we are able to assemble them later on, once room is found for them.
- Use quality packing materials, such as the ones Neeley’s can provide you with.
- Provide sufficient padding in order to minimize any risk of damage.
- Fill the boxes completely and seal them nice and tight.
*In addition to the general rules mentioned above, bear in mind that each and every item has its own specifics you should take into account before preparing it for storage. And this is again something our storage services cover, with precision and utmost care.
How to go about packing boxes for storage units Sudbury
The time has come to start packing for storage. Remember, the goal is to maximize the use of your storage space while at the same time protecting your valuables.
- Start by categorizing and grouping all your frequently-used items together. Since these are the things you will have the most need for, it’s important to secure the easiest access to them. And if our storage specialists do this for you, you can be sure that nothing will be misplaced.
- Take advantage of the empty spaces in drawers and appliances. Clean the appliances out first – that goes without saying – everything needs to be sparkling clean. Dresser drawers are a great place to store things like linens, bedding, clothing or even books and CD’s. Remember to leave that drawer open a little so that air can circulate. Also, put all your garden tools together in empty trash cans.
- Disassemble furniture and appliances. Don’t forget to put a blanket or sheet between surfaces so they do not get scratched or damaged. In case a table can’t be broken down, don’t forget to store items underneath and on top. Neeley’s has the employees with the proper expertise to help with disassembly of any appliances you might not be familiar with.
By following these self-storage tips you can avoid clutter and maximize space. And once you’ve done this, it comes down to filling out the storage. Getting the right packing materials for the job can be essential and this is something we also offer to customers.
Storage services – how to organize your storage unit for packing
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!” Before all else, make a general plan of how you will place the boxes and furniture inside your storage unit:
- Cover the floor of your storage unit with canvas tarp or plastic sheeting to keep moisture away from your belongings.
- Leave some airspace between your stored items and the walls of the storage unit to ensure good ventilation.
- Leave a passage through the middle of the stored items for easier access to your belongings.
- Pack heavier boxes nearer to walls and on the bottom.
Remember – the goal is to ensure your possessions will be in perfect condition when you decide to take them out of storage.
Short-term vs. long-term storage services
Even though the self-storage principle is quite wide-ranged in Canada and you can’t really go wrong, there are things to consider. For starters, you need to identify personal goals and objectives – primarily to ensure proper and organized storage packing. Storing stuff for one month and one year are two very different things, not to mention storing for a decade or two. And this goes double in case we are talking about sensitive and potentially expensive belongings. Long-term storage services differ from short-term storage services, and knowing the difference before you load everything up can save you time, money, and potentially damaged possessions.
Storage time can determine how you go about packaging and storing valuables.
Short-Term Storage Services
This would be a term used when your items will be kept in a storage unit for less than three months at a time. These would be some basic guidelines to follow when opting for short-term storage packing:
- Dust covers can act as a good replacement for more intensive packing for short-term storage. Given that there isn’t as much time for dirt to settle and moisture to seep in, you may be able to cover large pieces of furniture with a cloth and you’re in the safe zone.
- Leave an aisle in the middle of your storage unit. The fact of the matter is that you’ll be coming and going within a short space of time. So you want to be able to get in and out quickly enough, without moving boxes to find your way through. Pack and arrange items against the wall and use the vertical space, leaving a walk-through clear. This way you’ll have whatever you might need at your disposal.
- Treating fragile items with care. No matter if we’re talking short-term storage or long-term storage; fragile items always need extra care. In fact, they may just need more when it comes to short-term storage. Given they are being moved around more often, it’s important to protect them against breaking or shifting.
Long-Term Storage Services
A way to go with when you need to keep items safely stowed for any length of time beyond three months. So make the most out of long-term storage packing by following these simple guidelines. Also, by contacting us directly you may get all information from our kind Neeley’s Van and Storage personnel.
- Avoid plastic bags. Even though you might think plastic is effective against water, the truth is quite the opposite. By trapping humidity and moisture, plastic can actually speed up the molding process.
- Acquire sturdy boxes. We know, we know – free stuff is awesome, and why waste money on buying sturdy and single size moving boxes? Well, they will be easier to stack and access for one. And your items will be safer over longer periods of time for two.
- Treating fragile items with care. Not to repeat ourselves, but this is an important step, no matter the type of storage. And the best way of doing this would be with the help of bubble wrap and/or newspaper. Another thing – make sure to mark these boxes and store them separately from the others.
- Seal clothes and fabrics. Vacuum-sealed bags are great for storing wardrobe—and can help protect against damage. If you plan on keeping clothes in storage, investing in these would be the smart way to go.
- Long-term appliance storage. Make sure to always wipe down the interiors well (we advise using baking soda or bleach). Mold on appliances can spread to other items in storage easily, so make sure that everything is wrapped up tight.
- Use storage pallets (which you can often get for free from home improvement stores). Getting boxes and furniture off the ground helps prevent against damage and keeps the air moving.