Long-distance moving can be very stressful, especially when you need to move fast. Not only do you worry about the new life you will begin, but there is also a question of how much will your long-distance move cost. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to save money on a long-distance move. We have prepared a lot of tips and tricks so that your move goes much less stressful. Moving to Ontario will bring you a lot of opportunities to save up, so you will have the time to enjoy this beautiful city.
Start on time
This is certainly on top of our list when it comes to saving money when moving long-distance. Make sure to start preparing for your move at least eight weeks ahead. Get familiar with all the things you will have to do and make a to-do list. The organization is the key to a successful relocation and it will aid you in your goal to save money. If you start on time, you will not have any additional expenses whatsoever, due to the fact that you are running late.
Compare moving companies
This is truly one of the best ways to save money on a long-distance move. It is very likely that you will require assistance from long distance movers Ontario on your move. Having said this, you may start comparing the moving companies, as the prices may vary. Of course, choosing the cheapest moving company may end up very expensive if they turn out to be a scam company, so beware of too-good-to-be-true prices. Many companies, on the other hand, have discounts, so prepare your favorite beverage and google them. It will pay off.
Choose the right timing
Unless your move has a set date, you can choose the timing that will cost you the least. It is well-known that the peak season for moving is between May and September. The prices are at their peak as well at this time. Additionally, every beginning and end of the month are considered expensive. If you can choose, opt for moving between October and April in the middle of the month, and week as well. It is amazing how much money you can save just by setting up a date that is not in peak season, so find out when is the cheapest time to relocate.
Do it yourself option can save you a lot of money on a long-distance move
Whatever you can do on your own, you should do it yourself. This simple trick will save you hundreds of dollars. Packing is one of those things. You can leave only the heavy furniture for the professional movers, but all the rest you can pretty much pack on your own. You should as well check out this amazing guide for packing your household like a pro. Unpacking is also one of the things that you can do on your own. You will have plenty of time to unpack, and you will save money on a long-distance move.
Obtain cheap packaging material
When you start preparing for the long-distance move, pay attention to the things you can use while moving. There are a lot of items that we use every day which can be quite useful during the move.
- linen and towels – These come in quite handy for packing fragile items. In this way, you do not have to obtain bubble wrapping and similar.
- moving boxes – moving boxes can be found in many places. Before you purchase them, go to your grocery store and ask them to give them to you. It is as simple as that. This will help you save money on a long-distance move.
Reduce the weight of your items
The weight of your belongings has a big impact on the final bill. The fewer items you carry with you, the less you will have to pay for the shipping. Go through your items carefully and ask yourself will you need them in your new home. After you decide this, everything becomes much easier and you can make someone else happy as well. Save money on a long-distance move by doing one of the following things:
- Have a garage sale – Sell your old items and earn some money. All the things that you have not used in ages may serve someone else. Everything from clothes, toasters, furniture, books can be sold at a yard sale. If you do not like the idea of a yard sale, you can sell your items online.
- Give them to your friends and family – Throw a goodbye party which can also serve as a gift day. Perhaps your friends and family would like to have some of your plants, books, souvenirs, and clothes. You will lighten the weight and share your things with your dearest ones.
- Donate – This is always a solution if you do not have the time to organize a yard sale or a party with your friends. It is very noble to donate your items to someone in need, and the benefits are numerous.
Start on time and thoroughly research the moving company you will be hiring. Do one thing at a time and do not rush with purchasing your packaging material. The best ideas for saving money come to us when we are relaxed and know that we have enough time on our hands. Save money on a long-distance move by reducing the weight of your items. Moving long-distance will then not be stressful, on the contrary, you will make it a pleasant experience by preparing everything on time.